Dish TV is a DTH (Direct to Home) satellite television service provider in India. It gives all the information about Dish TV offers, packages, payment service, subscriber services, etc on its official website DishTv.in. Dish TV provides DTH service using MPEG-2 digital compression technology, transmitting using NSS Satellite at 95.0. At its official site, Dish TV provides number of convenient ways for payment including online, by phone, pay from home, etc.
Dish TV is a part of Zee Network Enterprise (Essel Group Venture), which integrated dish TV to renovate TV viewing. EGV has national and international company with business interests in media programming, broadcasting & distribution, specialty packaging and entertainment. Dish TV is India’s first DTH enterprise service. It provides DVD quality picture and stereophonic sound effects to the customers. Direct to home enterprise carried best television viewing technology to the living room which transmits high quality programs and give complete control of selecting channels and paying for them. The Endeavour enters next level of entertainment with innovative features like an EPG (Electronic Programme Guide), parental lock, games, 400 channels, interactive TV and movie on demand.
Dishtv is using the NSS6 satellite at 95.0°E designed specifically for DTH operations. It is set with Automatic Level Control (ALC) feature that allows the satellite to continue constant satellite EIRP level in case of uplink signal humiliation due to weather conditions such as rain, fog or clouds. DISH TV provides DTH service with Instaflip technology which helps you to change channels quickly and conveniently. So you can set browsing all the channels on DISHTV with fast scrolling, intuitive navigation and quick flip surfing.
Benefits of Dish TV DTH service:
- Digital Picture Quality
- Stereophonic Sound
- Geographic Mobility
- Uninterrupted Viewing
- Capacity up to 400 Channels
- Dyna Boost
- Instaflip which helps you to change channels quickly
Advantage of DTH Dish TV:
- Personal Equipment to directly speak to Satellite for TV Broadcast.
- Facilities like Movie on Demand and Active/Interactive Services.
- Some DTH vendors also offer Radio services.
- Latest movies can be viewed at nominal cost in your Hall (Kills the piracy).
- Digital signaling gives you great quality when you connect your TV with AV cable or connect your 5.1 speakers with STB.
- You may actually save money when compared to cable TV by going for Festival offers or Annual plans.
Disadvantage of DTH Dish TV
- During the monsoon season, if there are thick clouds above your Dish Antenna, then there will be reception problem.
- Television in multiple rooms will need extra Digicomp and service charge.
- You will miss local news channel or music on demand channels usually offered by Cable TV vendors.
Dish TV website looks very attractive with orange and white color combination. From the site, you will get every section very easily. When you visit the site, you will get main navigation at top side including offers, box types, packages, payment option, subscriber services, interactive services, A-La-carte, Dish truHD, and Dishcare. At the website of Dish TV, it gives offer for new connection and subscribers. For New connector, it gives total 4 offers like Special online offer, all India offer, South offer and Multi TV offer.
For new connection, Dish TV’s box gives special offers with amazing price of just Rs 1590.
Special Online offers:
Benefit of Special Online offers include,
- Set Top Box and Dishtv Kit
- Subscription worth 1990 for 100 days
- Platinum/South Platinum Pack + UTV pack worth 1177 for 100 days (offer period)
- Movie on demand/a-la-carte packs of your choice worth 813 during the offer period
All India offers
Dish TV Added extra channels on all offers including platinum, gold and silver pack offers.
Platinum pack offers:
1690 – 3 Months Platinum + UTV + Discovery Blitz
1590 – 2 Months Platinum + UTV + Discovery Blitz
This offer includes many channels like English movie and news channels, business news channels, music channels, fashion channels, etc.
Gold Pack offers
1390 – 2 Months Gold + Colorful
1590 – 3 Months Gold + Colorful + UTV + Biz World
This offer includes channels like General Entertainment, Hindi Movie Channels with Break-free-Cinema, Sports Channels, Infotainment Channels, Kids Channels, Hindi News Channels, Regional Channels, etc.
Silver Pack offers
1590 – 3 Months Silver Saver + Sports Fiesta + ColorFul
In this offer, it provides General Entertainment Channels, Hindi Movie Channels with Break-free-Cinema, Infotainment Channels, Kids Channel and Hindi News Channels.
For subscribers, dish TV offers recharge offer. Now they can recharge your dish TV connection with Titanium Recharge Offer available at price of Rs.3550 with Platinum/South Platinum pack + UTV a-la-carte and enjoy uninterrupted entertainment for one year.
Benefit of Titanium Recharge Offer
- Extra benefit of 21%, as you pay Rs. 3550 and not Rs. 4296
- Freedom from monthly recharges
- Maximum channels
- Price protection against future price rise
Platinum Privilege Offer
Recharge your subscription in the platinum pack. Register your correct mobile number on the same day to avail the offer. To register your mobile number, send SMS dishtv RMN <11 Digit VC No.> to 57575.
Get dish TV box type details from the website, you can connect your Dish TV on TV, computer, wheels and DISH tru HD. Dish TV provides DTH service with various custom designed packages which provide you a wholesome entertainment experience at the best value for your money. It gives two types of packages 1) North Packages, 2) South packages that are designed in a way that you can watch and enjoy more regional channels fulfilling your local entertainment needs.
Rest of India Pack
- Silver: Rs. 135 per month
- Silver Saver: Rs. 150 per month
- Gold: Rs. 225 per month
- Gold Saver: Rs. 270 per month
- Platinum: Rs. 325 per month
- Child: Rs. 160 per month
- Silver: Rs. 125 per month
- South Silver Saver: Rs. 160 per month
- South Gold: Rs. 225 per month
- South Gold Saver: Rs. 270 per month
- South Platinum: Rs. 325 per month
- South Child: Rs. 160 per month
It gives range of payment options at site; you can recharge your dish TV service online, from home or walk in any office.
Subscriber can recharge their account online, use their partner www.rechargeitnow.com, a web bases instant pre-paid recharge service. RechargeItNow.com offers a Pin-less instant recharge with the ease of access from your desktop using a credit/debit card and net banking. To use this service, you need to login at the site. You can register this service using your mobile number and E-mail ID, choose select dishtv as your service provider and enter your VC number and recharge it using your credit card, debit card or net banking.
Recharge your dishtv connection by using Vodafone M-Shop on your Vodafone mobile phone. It is very simple; steps for a quick & simple recharge:
- Call 53333 (toll free)
- Press ‘4’ for DTH TV recharge
- Press ‘1’ to recharge your dish tv
- Enter your viewing card number
- Once done, enter the payment amount and select a payment option (credit card only)
- Enter your credit card details
- After the transaction is over, you’ll receive a payment confirmation SMS on your Vodafone mobile phone.
To recharge your dishtv account from your mobile, first you need to download atom application. Enter your mobile number in widget from left side to get link and click on link and download atom mobile application or you can send also SMS <atom> to 54959 from your mobile. Open the atom application and enter the required details for completing the one-time registration process. Go to service menu, select the useful sub menu and add dishtv to your home screen. Go to home page and select Dishtv as a service and enjoy the convenience of recharging your dishtv account from your mobile.
Axis Call & Pay on atom
To get the benefit of the service you need to register your mobile number at any Axis bank ATM. For registration, go to Axis Bank ATM and click on ‘registration’ on the ATM Screen. Under registration, click on ‘Axis Call & Pay on Atom’ to register your 10 digit mobile number. After registering your mobile number, you will receive a call for setting of the PIN from Axis Bank within 3-5 minutes. To set PIN, you will have to enter your last 4 digit Debit card number and expiry date. After finishing the registration, follow below steps:
- Call Customer Care on 1860 180 3474
- Confirm the details of the payment to be made and choose ‘Debit Card’ option for payment
- Enter your Axis Bank debit card number and your 6-digit PIN
- Your payment will be made successfully
By Pay Order/Demand Draft
Customer can also make payment by Demand Draft/Pay Order which should be drawn in favor of DISHTV India Ltd. On back side of Demand Draft/ Pay order, see the following details,
- Name of the customer (Mandatory)
- 11 digits V.C. no.(Mandatory)
- Preferred Package.(Optional)
- Landline no./ Mobile no./ Address (Mandatory)
All Pay order/Demand Draft can be sent through mail or courier to the belolw address:
Collection Team/ Accounts
DISHTV India Limited
FC -19 Film City Sector 16a ,
Prepaid Card or Oxigen Epin
You can also recharge your Dish TV account by using dishtv Itz Prepaid Card or Oxigen Epin, purchase prepaid card from retailer and Scratch the security foil paper on the reverse of the voucher to reveal 12 digit account number and 4 digit password. After scratching, call at 1860-180-8585 and enter your voucher number and recharge it. Visit your nearest dish Shoppee, an exclusive dishtv store, to buy a recharge.
Skypak Drop Box
Make your dishtv recharge payments in SKYPAK drop box. Just write a cheque in favor of “DISHTV India Ltd.” and drop it in your nearest SKYPAK drop box. When you write cheque, remember to write Local / at par, not post-dated, signed and correct amount mentioned in figures & words.
Dish TV offers some interactive service including Movie on Demand, Gaming, Jobs Active, ICICI Active, Bhakti Active, Multilingual Services, Cinema Active, Traffic Active and MOD Non Stop. You will get detailed information about this service from the site. At the site, dish TV gives store locator section, enter state zip code and view list of locations.
Contact details of Dish TV India
Dish TV India Ltd. FC – 19,
Sector 16 A, Film City,
Noida, Uttar Pradesh,
Pincode – 201 301
Customer care number
- Customer care number 0120-2550000 (From all phone lines),
- 1860-180-3474 (Only for BSNL/MTNL lines),
From all non BSNL/MTNL lines
- Northern India: 011 -60013474
- Southern India: 044 -60013474
- Eastern India: 033 -60013474
- Western India: 022 -60013474
State wise Contact detail:
- Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir (STD) : 0172-6001347, 0177-6001347
- West Bengal, Assam (STD), Bihar: 033-60013474, 0612-6001347
- Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Chhattisgarh: 0755-6001347, 0771-6001347, 0674-6001347
- Gujarat, Maharashtra, Goa: 079-60013474, 022-60013474, 0832-6001347
- Tamilnadu, Kerala: 044-60013474, 0471-6001347
- Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka: 040-60013474, 080-60013474
- Uttar Pradesh, Uttranchal: 0522- 6001347,0135-6001347
- Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana (STD): 011-60013474, 0141-6001347