Www.zumba.com is the official website of Zumba, a well-known fitness program inspired by Latin dance. Zumba is your ticket to fitness, if you want to enjoy motivating music, and like to try exclusive moves and combinations. During the 1990s, Alberto “Beto” Perez (dancer and choreographer) created Zumba in Colombia.
Through licensed instructors, Zumba classes are offered in more than 50,000 fitness center locations. At over 60,000 locations in 105 countries, the Zumba program is being taught, as of May 2010. A single session of Zumba costs just around $10 to $15. If you want to stay home and do exercise, then DVD’s and videos are also available for purchase.
Zumba Dance Workout for Fitness
Zumba Dance Workout steps are are based on music. Fitness benefits are offered by the Zumba workout because it regularly features (1) interval training sessions with fast and slow rhythms and (2) resistance training, which are intended to tone and sculpt the body while burning fat. Latin flavor is borrowed by the Zumba program from the following dance styles: Salsa, Merengue, Cumbia, Mambo, Chachacha, Flamenco, Reggaeton, Samba, Bhangra, Hip hop music, Belly dancing, Axe music and Tango.
Description of the www.zumba.com website
There are 8 navigations provided on top of the www.zumba.com website. The detailed information of all these navigations is as under:
1. Home: It is the homepage of the website.
2. About: This section includes brief details about the origin of Zumba program. Their goal is simple: “We want you to want to work out, to love working out, to get hooked”. It provides information of history, timeline (from 1999 to 2008) and Instructor training. Zumba Fitness currently offers the following Instructor Trainings:
- Zumba Basic Steps Level 1
- Zumba Basic Steps Level 2
- Zumba Gold
- Zumba Toning
- Aqua Zumba
3. Shop: Choose your Shipping Country before you shop, from the drop-down menu box given there. Then select from the categories which you want from the left hand side section like Music, Accessories, Promotional materials, etc.
4. Instructor Training: For fitness and dance instructors, the Zumba Academy provides many opportunities to learn how to teach Zumba classes. New students are also welcome to start their teaching journey aspiring to be first-time instructors, with the Zumba program. To become a Zumba Instructor, the first step is to attend one of these basic courses: Zumba Basic Steps Level 1 or Zumba Gold. Existing instructor can login directly from this page to access all exclusive workshops and new instructor can find a workshop near their area by selecting Country, Type, and Status.
5. Find a Class: You can find classes in both outside and inside US from this section just by entering City & State or Zip in address box, then select distance, day and type.
6. Find an Instructor: You can search instructors by providing first name and last name on this page. You can also search instructor’s location by providing name of place and selecting distance.
7. News: All the latest news about Zumba is mentioned on this page.
8. Support:: You can view FAQ, Support hours and Contact details on this page.
Process to purchase Zumba Fitness DVDs
Contact details and Address
Zumba Fitness, LLC.
3801 N 29th Ave.
Hollywood, FL 33020.
Local Sydney number when calling from Australia: (03) 9018 7295
Please note that call them between office hours 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST, Monday-Friday. (Even if using an international “local” number)
Video of Zumba Fitness Basic Steps Demo from Youtube:
Zumba Fitness: The Hottest Latin Dance Workout video from Youtube: