www.eftps.gov is the web page of the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) which is offered free by the U.S. Department of the Treasury to help business and individual taxpayers conveniently pay all their federal taxes electronically. Using this website, Businesses and Individuals can pay all their federal taxes online. Both can pay their quarterly 1040 ES estimated taxes electronically and also can make payments weekly, monthly, or quarterly. At the official page of the Online Federal Tax Payment System, you will get detailed information about EFTPS, its working process, payment system, contact detail, etc.
The Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) started in 1996 for millions of businesses, individuals, federal agencies, tax professionals, and payroll services have used EFTPS. With EFTPS, you can easily make Payment whenever you want, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. You can enter payment instructions up to 120 days in advance for businesses and 365 days for individuals. Individuals can use the EFTPS system to pay estimated taxes and business can use to pay federal employment and corporate taxes. Tax payments can be made online or by phone through EFTPS.
When you visit the site, you will get some section on top side and right side. On top side, you will see home, enrollment, my profile, payments, help & information, contact us and login and right side, you will see about EFTPS, how to use EFTPS, what’s new, privacy statement, etc. You can use EFTPS to make all your federal tax payments, including income, employment, estimated and excise taxes.
Benefits of Electronic Federal Tax Payment System
- It’s fast.You can make a tax payment in minutes.
- It’s accurate.You can review your information before it is sent.
- It’s convenient.You can make a payment from anywhere there’s a phone or Internet connection 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It’s easy to use.It’s a step-by-step process that tells you what information you need to successfully complete your payment.
- It’s secure. EFTPS offers the highest levels of security.
How it works?
To use EFTPS this system, first you need to enroll. You can enroll in this site by phone and online. For online registration, click on the enrollment section from topside, open it where select “Business,” or “Individual,” or “Federal Agency.” And enter the requested information such as Taxpayer Identification Number, Banking account number and routing number and address and name as they appear on your IRS tax documents and submit it.
To receive an enrollment form, you can call EFTPS Customer Service:
- 1-800-555-4477 (for business payments)
- 1-800-316-6541 (for individual payments)
- 1-800-733-4829 (TDD Hearing-Impaired)
- 1-800-244-4829 (Español)
- 1-800-555-8778 (EFTPS Internet)
- 1-800-945-0966 (for Batch Provider payments)
After submit your form, you will get your password. After receiving your PIN, call 1.800.982.3526 to get a temporary Internet password.
To make payment:
Visit www.eftps.gov and select “Make a Payment.” And do login with your EIN/SSN, PIN, and Internet password. If you make your payment for the first time, then you will be prompted to change the temporary password you received. Enter the payment information in the step-by-step screens. When you are completed, save copy of the Payment Confirmation page. This includes your EFT Acknowledgment Number that acts as a receipt for your payment instruction.
EFTPS contact Detail:
EFTPS Customer Service
P.O. Box 173788
Denver, CO 80217-3788
EFTPS Internet support
- EFTPS.gov or EFTPS.com Assistance: 1-800-555-8778
- Obtain an EFTPS.gov Internet password: 1-800-982-3526
EFTPS Customer Support
- Business (English): 1-800-555-4477
- Individual (English): 1-800-316-6541
- Business and Individual (en Español): 1-800-244-4829
- Non-toll-free: 303-967-5916
- TDD (Hearing Impaired): 1-800-733-4829 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET M-F)
- Batch Provider users: 1-800-945-0966 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET M-F)
- Financial Institution Employees: 1-800-605-9876
- Federal Agencies: 1-877-333-8292
- IRS EFTPS e-Help (SSN/EIN and name mismatch support): 1-866-255-0654 (6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. CT M-F)
- IRS Individual Taxpayer Information (Questions about due dates, balances due, and installment agreements): 1-800-829-1040 (7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. your local time)
- IRS Business & Specialty Information (Questions about due dates, balances due, payment mailing addresses, penalties and payments made with errors): 1-800-829-4933 (7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. your local time)