Mymathlab provides easily customizable online courses that combine interactive multimedia instruction with textbook content. It also offers instructors with a rich and flexible set of course materials, including course-management tools that make it easy to deliver all or a portion of your course online. Check out the MyMathLab website at mymathlab.com to compare all the math and stat products. You will be provided with plenty of materials and information here.
On February 22, 2000, the domain name mymathlab.com was first registered. Mymathlab.com is an Old Tappan, NJ, US-based website owned by Pearson Technology Centre, Kenneth Simmons. Mymathlab has a global rank of 191,554, and has 98 external websites linking to it, according to Alexa.
Registered MyMathLab users can log in to mymathlab.com to access their homework, tests, study plan and gradebook. All your work is saved and remains obtainable when you return to the website. MyMathLab®, MyStatLabTM and MathXL® are text-specific, easily customizable online courses that combine interactive multimedia instruction with textbook content. They permit you to teach Math and Stats Your Way, giving you the tools you require to deliver all or a portion of your course online, whether students are in a lab setting or working from home. Pearson Education’s most robust technology solution— MyMathLab (MML) is a sequence of text-specific, simply customizable online courses for Pearson Addison-Wesley and Pearson Prentice Hall textbooks in Mathematics and Statistics.
My Math Lab is an interactive website where you can do the following things:
- Do homework assigned by your instructor.
- Study more resourcefully with a personalized study plan and exercises that match your book.
- Self-test & work through practice exercises with step-by-step help to improve your math skills.
- Get help when YOU necessitate it. MyMathLab includes multimedia learning aids, videos, animations, and live tutorial help.
When you visit the Mymathlab.com website, you will see on the top-most part sections like Home, About us, Contact us and Global sites. Below this section, you can view login and register section on right hand side of the homepage. There are main 5 navigations provided on the site. Let us discuss them in detail here.
1. Product Info: For all types of educational needs, the Pearson family of math learning products has solutions. MyMathLab give instructors with a rich and flexible set of course materials and tools, and it offers students a personalized interactive learning environment, where they can learn at their own pace and measure their improvement. The MyMathLab product team releases twice a year, new features based on stated needs of their customers.
2. Success Stories: You can hear what users across the country say about how MyMathLab has affected their teaching and learning, through their data, experiences, or comments, with the case studies, student results, and testimonials. You can also Share your story under How do you use MyMathLab and MyStatLab? category.
3. News and Events: In this section, you can find all about latest news and events. Find out what’s happening with MyMathLab and MyStatLab. When are the new features going to release and what are they? How is this technology changing the way people teach and learn mathematics and statistics?
4. Community: There are several ways to be connected with them and their community. You can join a community of more than 10,000 other instructors who have helped navigate the path for online mathematics and statistics learning, when you use MyMathLab or MyStatLab.
5. Training and support: They will help you whether you are just getting started with MyMathLab, or have a question along the way. To learn about their technologies and how to incorporate them into your course, they provide many ways.
Fast facts about MyMathLab / Success of MyMathLab
- Currently over 1,600 colleges and universities are using MyMathLab.
- Using MyMathLab, more than 1.3 million students have successfully learned math since 2001.
- Each week over one million tests and homework assignments are automatically graded by MyMathLab. Since 2001, more than 26 million tests and homework assignments have been automatically graded by MyMathLab.
- From Pearson Addison-Wesley and Pearson Prentice Hall, more than 200 math and statistics titles are available in MyMathLab.
- To date, more than 5 million students at 1,850 institutions have used MyStatLab and MyMathLab, and in 2008 alone, over 50 million assignments were submitted.
Different opinions from users of Mymathlab
Student, Northern Virginia Community College
“I was able to work at my own pace. I didn’t feel like I was pressured to keep up with anyone, and I didn’t feel like I was being held back by anyone.”
Student, Florence-Darlington Technical College (SC)
“I have suffered from math anxiety and have never done well in math until now. MyMathLab removed the anxiety of traditional math classes where tests are timed and often instructors have time constraints.”
Instructor, Susan Hutchinson, Florence Darlington Technical College
“I absolutely love MyMathLab. I believe whole-heartedly that it has made a definite improvement in my students’ grades and understanding level. I have fewer students dropping out of the courses I am teaching using this method than in the past, before MML. I recommend it to everybody I know!!”