Maharaja Ganga Singh University, also known as Bikaner University, has contributed a lot in the evolution of tertiary education in Rajasthan. Mgsubikaner.ac.in is the official website of university.
Bikaner University endeavors to understand the problems of the region in teaching, research and extension in which it is located. The university imparts education which is universally recognized at the same time. This university was established in 2003 and achieved important milestone in the evolution of education in Rajasthan. The University of Bikaner works on teaching and research to achieve a better understanding of the unique issues of the region.
The university faculties include Science, Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Law and Education. A number of professional courses like B.Ed., M.Ed., B.P.Ed., BCA, MCM, PGDCA, BBA, MBA, PGDSM, BFA, LL.B, LL.M, Diploma in Labour Law, Diploma in Criminology, Microbiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry are available. Approximately 250 colleges from Bikaner, Churu, Sriganganagar and Hanumangarh districts are affiliated with the university. A number of Research Supervisors have been known in different disciplines in the university.
The website contains some navigation titles on the left side of the page which are Home, Vision, History, Vice Chancellor, Academic, Administrative, BOM Members, Academic Members, University ACT, Library, Colleges, Research, Results, Time Table, News, Events and Geographical Map.
This university wants to develop its campus in terms of academic input and infrastructural facilities as a nucleus and resource centre for development of its associated colleges and to develop its campus teaching in different teaching departments. University proposes to take up the following academic programs,
- Post Graduate and Undergraduate teaching.
- Doctral and Post Doctral Researches
- Organisation of Seminars and Symposia
- Refresher courses for college teachers
- Preparing teaching material based on latest researches and insights as contained in articles and papers appearing in national and international journals.
- Develop hi-tech laboratories, a strong central library with latest modern equipments related to modern technology of education.
- Plan to start job oriented courses such as development of communication skills, project management and development of entrepreneurship, MCA, information technology, foreign languages, etc.
Besides the existing executive and academic bodies as provided in the Act as per the Vision Document of the University, the University plans to have following other bodies:
- Planning and Monitoring Board equipped with modern management information system.
- A staff development board for training and retraining of teaching and non-teaching staff.
- It will set up grievance redressal machinery in the form of University Tribunal to deal with grievances and internal disputes.
- A self-evaluation and institutional assessment cell will be created for the study of activities of the University to find out the effectiveness of various programs undertaken by the University and to design and redesign the action plans on the basis of new experiments.
- A social justice cell will be set up to look into the cases of socially deprived segment of students and gender discrimination. Result option provides result of all courses. All time tables are given in the time-table option. You can see all updates about courses by clicking on news.
The University has a law faculty department of its own that includes its library. All associated colleges have their own libraries. ‘Colleges’ option includes colleges’ list. Hi-tech laboratories with latest modern equipments have also been developed by it with latest modern equipments related to modern technology of education. Modern management information system is included in Planning and Monitoring Board of University. Non-teaching staff and a staff development board for training and retraining of teaching are connected to the university. The cases of socially deprived segment of students and gender discrimination are looked by social justice.
|Commerce and Management||ABST, EAFM, Bus. Adm. and Management|
|Science||Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Geology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Application and Environmental Science|
|Arts||Hindi, English, Sanskrit, Rajasthani, Urdu, Punjabi, Music, Philosophy, Drawing and Painting|
|Social Science||Public Administration, Political Science, Economics, Home Science, Sociology, History and Geography|
|Education||B.Ed. and M.Ed.|
Phone: 91-151-2212041 (V.C. Office)
Registrar Office: 0151-2212042(P.S./P.A.), 0151-2212044